JTS provides video therapy sessions, exclusively, to accommodate the busy world we live in. With all of the commitments and responsibilities of daily life, therapy should be as accessible as possible so we can effectively cope with what life deals us. I am licensed in Texas and Indiana, which means I can provide online therapy to anyone in those states. I utilize a HIPAA compliant platform for sessions called Zoom and your sessions hold the same importance and confidentiality as if you were in the office. Another benefit? You can be ANYWHERE in Texas or Indiana! Reach out and see if you’d be a good candidate for online therapy, and if we would be a good fit, therapeutically – I’d love to help and I offer a FREE 15-minute consult to determine therapeutic fit. Here are some other ADVANTAGES OF ONLINE THERAPY for you to consider:
Convenience leads to consistency, which is absolutely *key* to a successful therapy experience
Easier access to high quality care
Better therapeutic fit for your presenting problem – you get an expert in what your experiencing
Access to needed treatment if you have physical limitations or childcare challenges
Potential for faster progress toward goals
Higher level of comfort, which can lead to increased openness and increase in desired results
Decrease in exposure to contagious illness
Frequently asked questions about online therapy:
What is online therapy?
- The online therapy I utilize is video sessions (still face-to-face, just virtual!) I use a HIPAA compliant platform (secure and confidential) called Zoom. I’ll send you a link via email, you click it at our scheduled time and voila! We’re connected and on our way to a productive and effective online therapy session, wherein you can talk freely about whatever it is you’d like to work on and progress toward.
Is online therapy effective?
- This part works the same as in person sessions. Are you ready for changes? Ready enough to work for them? Then yes. In therapy, you get out of it what you put into it. But good news, you have me to help guide you through. Additionally, since starting an online practice I have seen my patients make QUICKER PROGRESS.
Is online counseling covered by insurance?
- Jordan Therapy Services does not submit directly to insurance. However, I can provide you with a detailed receipt if you decide to try and seek reimbursement through your insurance policy. It really depends, some companies reimburse and some don’t. But you certainly have the freedom to give it a try and I’ll do my best to help in any way that I can!
How much does online counseling cost?
- Video therapy sessions utilize the same resources, brain power, creativity, emotional processing and expenditure as in office sessions, therefore online sessions are the same cost as in person sessions – $200 for the initial session and $175 for all subsequent sessions.
Is online therapy safe?
- Yes! Online sessions are just as confidential as in person sessions (and perhaps even more so). Just make sure you choose a private area to maintain your own confidentiality. I take confidentiality very seriously no matter the mode of therapy (online vs. in person).
Articles for your consideration – is online therapy effective?
From the Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Journal:
From the American Mental Health Counselors Association:
From Science Daily: