JTS is proud to provide online therapy to residents of Texas and Indiana. Research has shown online therapy to be as effective as in person counseling sessions, plus there’s a whole new level of convenience and accessibility! I utilize a HIPAA compliant platform for sessions called Zoom and your sessions hold the same importance and confidentiality as if you were in the office. Another benefit? You can be ANYWHERE in the state of Texas or Indiana! Reach out and see if you’d be a good candidate for online therapy, and if we would be good fit therapeutically – I’d love to help. Here are some other benefits of online therapy for you to consider:
Benefits of online therapy:
- Convenience leads to consistency, which is absolutely *key* to a productive therapy experience. No commute saves you time and money, plus it allows for greater flexibility in scheduling. Just connect to reliable internet with your computer, phone or tablet via the link provided and you’re done!
- Easier access to high quality care
- Access to deserved treatment and support if you have physical limitations or childcare challenges
- Some clients report that online therapy allowed for faster healing and relief
- Higher level of comfort, which usually leads to increased openness and increase in desired outcomes
- Less social stigma impact (no entering a therapy office, no walking through the waiting room in front of others)
Frequently asked questions about online therapy:
What is online therapy?
- The online therapy I utilize is video sessions. I use a HIPAA compliant platform called Zoom. I’ll send you a link via email, you click it at our scheduled time and voila! We’re connected and on our way to a wonderful session, wherein you can talk freely about whatever it is you’d like to work on and/or process through.
Does online therapy work?
- This part works the same as in person sessions. Are you ready for changes? Ready enough to work for them? Then yes. In therapy, you get out of it what you put into it. But good news, you have me to help and guide you through to who you’ve always wanted to be.
Is online counseling covered by insurance?
- Jordan Therapy Services does not submit directly to insurance. However, I can provide you with a detailed receipt if you decide to try and seek reimbursement through your insurance policy. It really depends, some companies approve online therapy and some don’t. But you certainly have the freedom to give it a try and I’ll do my best to help in any way that I can!
How much does online counseling cost?
- Online sessions utilize the same resources, brain power, creativity, emotional processing and expenditure as in office sessions, therefore online sessions are the same cost as in person sessions – $175.00.
Is online counseling safe?
- Yes! Online sessions are just as confidential as in person sessions (and perhaps even more so). Just make sure you choose a private area to maintain your own confidentiality. I take confidentiality very seriously no matter the mode of therapy (online vs. in person).
Articles for your consideration – is online therapy effective?
From the Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Journal:
From the American Mental Health Counselors Association:
From Science Daily: