What a great question, right? Before I spend my time and resources – does therapy work? The short answer is, yes, as long as you’re willing to put in the work. Therapy is an investment in yourself, so it’s important to ask yourself some questions before committing to therapy sessions so that your time is well spent. Below, please find several questions to explore and ponder so that you can gauge your level of motivation in making changes and working toward a more fulfilling life!
- Why now?
- What has happened that is triggering your response to seek out therapy?
- Is this occurrence enough to motivate you to work in therapy, along with a therapist, to make changes that will serve you presently and for years to come?
- Are you at a point in your life wherein you feel you can accept support and guidance toward a different way of being and thinking?
- Do you have interest in working on becoming more introspective, or self reflective, and seeking answers to (potentially) life long questions?
- Are your relationships suffering?
- Do you find yourself wishing for improvement but become completely overwhelmed when you think about how to improve?
These questions are meant to get you thinking and based on how you answer some or all of them, you may be ready to come in for therapy and start on your path to a life that more closely resembles what you’ve always envisioned for yourself. Pretty cool, right?